What about Ink stains?
Updated: Sep 19, 2020
There are different ways and different techniques you can use to remove ink from your carpet, in this article, we’re going to give you some different options, so you can choose the product that you prefer and maybe already have on hand, such as...
DISHWASHING DETERGENT (such as Dawn)
*With all of these different techniques, we recommend that you start by doing a test on a corner or an area of the carpet that is inconspicuous before working on the visible area.
HOW TO REMOVE PERMANENT INK STAINS FROM CARPET:
1. Moisten the ink stain with either rubbing alcohol or a non-oily hairspray.
2. With a white clean towel, begin to lightly blot the ink stain from the carpet, you should start to see the color transfer onto the towel.
3. Once the area is stain-free, dab the area with a towel dipped in lukewarm water.
If this method doesn’t remove all of the permanent ink stain from your carpet, repeat the above steps using hairspray (note that these methods can dramatically reduce the appearance of the ink stain, but some permanent markers are in fact permanent!)
HOW TO REMOVE WATER-BASED INK STAINS FROM CARPET:
1. Mix 1 teaspoon of dishwashing liquid detergent with lukewarm water.
2. Dab a towel into water, then dab the towel onto the ink stain.
3. Repeat this process until stain has disappeared.
WARNING: Some products can stain your carpet permanently, so be careful. Also, remember to blot (do not rub) and don’t pour the product onto the affected area (this could cause the stain to spread).
Is that carpet ink stain still lingering?
For more advanced carpet cleaning that requires deeper, professional care, call Clean Indeed Carpet @ 515-441-1918.
Disclaimer: These are suggested treatments only and Clean Indeed Carpet cannot be held liable for any damage sustained by use of the treatments in this spot removal guide.